Monday, February 15, 2010

Is it funny yet?



I am sitting here listening to my poor little Brody whimper from his crib. He has a fever, which I can't get to come down because I can't give him motrin because he is getting tubes in a week. Yesterday was his birthday and he was sick all day. He started the day with a swollen, goopy eye, and ended the day with a goopy nose, a goopy eye and a fever. We had a party for him last night and he cried when he opened his presents, and he cried when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. For weeks leading up to his birthday, all Brody asked for was a cake. And because he was sick he didn't eat it. Aaron had to get him out of his chair because he was so upset. It was heartbreaking. And during all of this, poor Noah was throwing up. While Brody was opening his presents, Aaron was in the bathroom taking care of Noah. While Brody was crying over his cake, I was in the bathroom with Noah. Did all of this really happen?




No comments: