Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My boys

This week has been kind of rough for me. I am overwhelmed with my physical therapy stuff, I am overwhelmed with memories from the past, I am overwhelmed with being a mother. I feel like I am dealing with old feelings and I don't want to pass them on to my children. Anyway, today I was sitting in my room, crying, trying to get a grasp on things when I heard a sound. I had set Brody in the hall outside my door and Noah was running around doing something. Brody had started to laugh, a big belly laugh with his signature squealing noise. And then Noah started laughing. I didn't want to disturb them so I just listened. This went on for five minutes before I even looked to see what they were doing. I peeked out my door to see Noah putting his favorite green blanket on Brody's head and waiting while Brody pulled it off. They would look at each other and both would crack up. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was a tremendous blessing in my day. I love them both more than I ever thought possible.

No comments: