Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Hate Fox 13 News

Kelsey and I had a heated discussion last night about Fox 13 News. She is entitled to her own opinion, as I am equally entitled to my own. Here is the basis of my loathing of Fox 13 News.

American Idol.

I think that any legitamite news agency should report on news. That should be local, national and global news. It is the reason for their existence. If they don't do that, then they are worthless. Fox 13 News has failed to do that for the last few months with their over the top coverage of American Idol. What kind of news agency would devote half of their show to cover a talent show? The answer is a poor one. A silly one. A worthless one.

Kelsey told me that they are only reporting what people want to hear. She also pointed out that American Idol is a multi billion dollar show and money talks in the tv world. If that is the case, then this so called news program is whoring itself out for money and ratings. They have forgotten what they do - report the news. Not silly talent show news, but real life news that is happening in our world. There have been earthquakes, wars, local crimes, national scandals, and who knows what else that Fox 13 News has failed to report on.

If I want entertainment news I will watch Entertainment Tonight. If I want sports news I will watch Sports Center. If I want legitemate news I most certainly will not watch Fox 13 News.












Stupid American Idol. I'm glad the nerd from Utah lost. Maybe they will start reporting the news again.

1 comment:

Georges said...

I agree the coverage was over the top but I'll admit I watched most of it. Dillon finally put an end to it. You make some good points but did you have to use the word "nerd"? That was harsh Aaron. :)