Brody had jaundice for a few days after his birth. The poor guy had to get his blood taken everyday for the first week of his life. He had to lay on a baby tanning bed that emitted a certain wavelength of light that would break down the pigment causing the jaundice. He hated it and luckily it only lasted for a couple of days. But he is all better. He looks exactly like Noah did as a newborn.
The change has been hard on Noah. For the last 16 months he has slept a solid 12 hours a night. The only time that he wakes up is if he is sick. Well, starting last week he has started waking up and screaming for a couple of hours during the night. I think that he finally understands that we take care of Brody everytime that he cries and so he thinks that we should take care of him everytime he cries, too. Other than that, Noah is taking the change very well. He likes to kiss Brody on the head and give him "knuckles".
Kelsey has recovered well from the delivery. She is still sore but she is getting better. I'm just glad that I don't have to do what she did. I almost passed out during the delivery. I had to sit down so that the doctor and nurses wouldn't have to attend to me. Kelsey needed all their attention. I know, I am weak sauce, but when I started to think about what was about to happen I just couldn't take it and I almost passed out.

Here is a picture of Noah.

Here is another of Brody.


No comments:
Post a Comment