Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sponsored by Nintendo

Anyone who knows my dad would be surprised to find out that he is addicted to Zelda. While I was growing up, he would play the first Zelda on Nintendo. Then when new Nintendo systems came out he would get the newest version of Zelda. I think he has finished every instalment in the Zelda franchise. Until recently I thought it was just a way to unwind after work/church callings. But recent events have changed that belief.

I got home from school last Thursday at 10:30 PM to find my dad in my family room playing the newest version of Zelda on my Wii. I couldn't tell if he was actually staying up late to play video games or if he just wanted to stay up to see me. I told myself that it was the latter.

This morning as I was getting ready to leave for work I ran into my dad. He was in my family room playing Zelda again. It was 6:20 AM and he was playing Zelda.

Maybe he is just trying to fill a void that has been left from retirement. Or maybe he is just a Zelda fiend.
I prefer the latter.




-aaron

No comments: